(Click HERE to Order)
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Who is this Book For?
- The Problem with Meditation
- What is Your Teaching Approach?
- Problems in How Meditation is Usually Taught
- Putting the Cart Before the Horse
- Why “Secrets For Success?”
Chapter 1 – Why Meditate?
- What is the Fruit of Meditation?
- What Can You Expect?
Chapter 2 – The Three Essentials
- Focusing on the Breath
- Letting Go
- Mindfulness of the Present Moment
Chapter 3 – The Breath
- Why Does Meditation Practice Involve Focusing on the Breath?
- Qualities of the Breath
- How to Watch the Breath During Meditation?
- Another Issue
- What is the Goal?
- What Happens Next?
Chapter 4 – Letting Go
- Before You Meditate
- As You Meditate
- Letting Go During the Day
- Before You Sleep
Chapter 5 – Mindfulness of the Present
- What is Mindfulness?
- Concentration in Mindfulness Vs. Concentration in Meditation
- Inside The Process
- How to Practice Mindfulness?
- How Long Can Mindfulness Persist?
- Is Mindfulness for Long Periods of Time Easy for Most People?
- Eating in Mindfulness
- Mental Health Benefits of Mindfulness Practice
- Mindfulness Is Always With You
- Why is Mindfulness So Important?
- How Did You Go About Learning Mindfulness?
Chapter 6 – Possible Mind Experiences
- Normal Experiences During Meditation
- Experiences to Avoid During Meditation
- Experiences Outside of Meditation
Chapter 7 – Jhana
- How Did I Find the Jhanas?
Chapter 8 – Jhana 1, 2, 3
- How Does Jhana 1 Begin?
- What Is Jhana 1 Like?
- Jhana 2
- Jhana 3
Chapter 9 – Jhana 4 and Abhinna
- Jhana 4
- Mind Penetrating Knowledge
Chapter 10 – Jhana 5, 6, 7, 8
- Jhana 5
- Jhana 6
- Jhana 7
- Jhana 8
Chapter 11 – Forget About It!
- The Catch-22
Chapter 12 – The Incidentals
- Sitting Posture
- Your Eyes?
- Where to Meditate?
- Listening to Music During Meditation?
- Purifying Your Mind Before You’re “Ready”?
- Amulets and Other Superstitions
- Practice Frequency / Schedule
Chapter 13 – A Simple Practice
- Step 1 – Walking Meditation
- Step 2 – Sitting
- Step 3 – The Breath: Part 1
- Step 4 – Observing the Mind
- Step 5 – Observing the Body
- Step 6 – Observing Pain and Discomfort
- Step 7 – Observing Feelings
- Step 8 – The Breath: Part 2
- Timeline for a Simple Practice (Summary)
Chapter 14 – Experimentation
- Opening Your Eyes
- Observing Pain
- Tickles or Itches
Chapter 15 – Tips and Tricks
Chapter 16 – Frequently Asked Questions About Meditation
Chapter 17 – Now What? Just Do It!