Thailand’s Forest Tradition Temples
There are many Theravada Buddhist temples following the Forest Tradition, but we don’t know them all, so this will be an abbreviated list to some we are familiar with and have visited.
Ajahn Chah’s Temples
- Wat Nong Pah Pong – Warin Chamrap, Ubon Ratchathani, Thailand
- Wat Pah Nanachat- Warin Chamrap, Ubon Ratchathani, Thailand
- Wat Boonyawad – Ajahn Dtun Thiracitto’s temple in Chonburi.
- Wat Pah Ampawan – Ajahn Jundee Kantasāro’s temple in Chonburi.
- Wat Marp Jan – Ajahn Anan Akiñcano’s temple in Rayong.
- Wat Ratanawan – bordering Khao Yai National Park in Korat (Nakhon Ratchasima). Meditation center for people with experience.
Buddhadasa Bhikkhu’s Temple
- Wat Suan Mokkh (Mokkhabalaram) – Chaiya, Thailand
- International Dhamma Hermitage – Suan Mokkh’s meditation retreats
- Suan Mokkh Temple Library
- Self-serve Meditation at Suan Mokkh
Ajahn Mun’s Associated Temples
- Wat Boonyawad -Ajahn Dtun Thiracitto’s temple in Chonburi.
Thailand’s Meditation Retreats
- Meditation retreats in Thailand, Sri Lanka, India, Nepal, Burma, etc.