Here is a list of temples and other meditation centers by province, which offer visitors the chance to participate in a meditation retreat with knowledgable practitioners – usually monks. Some offer short-term stays and/or self-guided meditation.
Please keep in mind, meditation systems and teaching styles vary, and at some locations there is no instruction at all. Please also pay attention to whether English or your native language is spoken.
NOTE – I may launch a new CUSTOM MEDITATION RETREAT here in Krabi, Thailand. This would be at your convenience and we can create the experience with you to make it as beneficial as possible. This is for 1 person ideally, or a very small group of friends who can agree on a schedule with you! 😛
Here’s a little info – Custom Meditation Retreat? Maybe coming in 2022.
Here I’ve started Jhana101.com. This will focus on training – including online sessions and personal meditation coaching if you’re visiting or living in the Krabi area.
If you’d like to stay in a wilderness resort, I offer a personalized meditation session for you here.
- Sorn-Thawee Meditation Retreat – self-guided.
Chiang Mai Retreats
Nakhon Ratchasima (Korat) Retreats
Nong Khai Retreats
Samut Prakan Retreats
- Wat Suan Mokkh (International Dhamma Hermitage). About founder, Buddhadasa Bhikku.
- Wat Kow Tham International Meditation Center
Ubon Ratchathani Retreats
- Wat Nong Pah Pong Meditation Retreat – self-guided. Photo gallery here. Ajahn Chah’s Sangha regulations.
- Wat Pah Nanachat Meditation Center – stay as long as you like in most cases.
- Wat Pah Wana Patiyahn Meditation Retreat